Historically, booking a private jet has been a cumbersome process, often involving phone calls and paperwork. For industry pioneer Skyjet, extending its service to a mobile app meant making the process of chartering flights much more convenient and transparent for its very affluent -- and extremely busy -- clientele.
In an industry where even finding basic information like pricing has been difficult, allowing people to get fast price quotes and charter private jet travel from their mobile phones was going to be a challenge.
Designing a great user experience is one thing -- but even the best user experience can be shackled if the underlying data isn’t available in the right format for a mobile app to deliver on its promise. To make Skyjet’s mobile vision possible would take significant effort to change the “behind the scenes” technology through close collaboration between the two teams.
A marriage of engineering & design. Working lock-step with the Skyjet team, Grey’s Mobile & Connected Experiences team reshaped Skyjet’s booking and ecommerce backend. With this engineering effort and some great UX design, booking a private flight is now just a few touches away.
Already known for being among the most progressive in the luxury travel industry, Skyjet was further propelled ahead of its competition. The first-generation app was the first private jet charter app to support Apple Pay. It was honored with awards by the Internet Advertising Competition and EyeforTravel. “The team went the extra mile,” the client said. “They did such an excellent job on our Skyjet app.”
- 1st Private Jet Appto support Apple Pay
- average of30 new, high value prospects per week
- 2,000itinerary searches & pricing estimates per week
- Surpassed 15,000downloads in the first 9 months
- 2,000itinerary searches processed on average, each week
- 2016 Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) "Best Travel Mobile Application"
- 2016 EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation in Travel Awards - “Best Mobile Travel User Experience”
- 2016 Gold Stevie® Award in the 14th Annual American Business Award - “Best Travel App”